Now sit down….you know the drill. Stand and give me twenty!
Not only are beet greens the new kale, you get a free set with every purchase of one bunch of fresh beets! As soon as you get them home, trim leaves from the beets near the base, then store beets and greens in separate airtight containers under a damp paper towel in the frig. The greens should last several days, while the beets will last for weeks.
Can’t beet that! hehe
The original beverage – water – is necessary for human survival. Fortunately it comes in many forms. You could just drink it plain, but don’t overlook other sources that count: fruit, vegetables, natural mineral water, pure juice, tea, coffee, broth, even milk and yogurt!
And while it’s true that sodas and alcohol also contain water, I wouldn’t be guessing if I told you those aren’t your best source. 😉
Extremely healthy and buttery in an oil sort of way, avocado oil is high heat stable and exceptional in baked goods or stir fries. Most markets sell it, but my favorite brand, Bella Vado, can be found at the link below. Why is it my favorite brand? Because it’s made from only pure, organic avocados. Happy, yummy cooking!!
PS – They have luscious, all natural body products too!
Are you sitting in a spot for most of the day that only yields a view of your monitor? That simply will not do, you must create a view! (Sorry, I’ve been in the mood to rhyme lately 😉
If you can’t see a window, put an object that makes you smile somewhere within your periphery. Something pretty, or sentimental, or motivating. It all works. Just something to remind you that quality of life exists beyond the four frames of your desktop.
Do I really need to tell you what it said? C’mon…you know where the best spots are…
I’m not a big fan of the flavor of coconut oil. (Not what you were expecting, eh?) But I do love it for other things. If you like the flavor of coconut, unrefined coconut oil is amazingly healthy! But here are my favorite uses:
- For lip balm
- For healing my problem cuticles
- For any oddly dry patch of skin
- As a foot and heal moisturizer
- To remove tape from walls
- To clean cast iron cookware (mixed with a little sea salt)
- To erase paper plate residue and glass rings from wood furniture
- Mixed with a little raw sugar as a shower scrub
There are probably more, but that should get you started 🙂
I mean that literally. You need pure, nutritious food if you want good, solid thought.
I cannot stand the flavor of cooked spinach. But raw, it’s surprisingly without taste. Which makes it a perfect addition to smoothies. It’s a great way to get in those morning veggies, along with heaping doses of Vitamins A, C, & K, Magnesium, Iron and the full complement of B Vitamins, just to name a few.
And the best part? No one, not even your kids or your spouse, will know it’s there…
No, it’s not a decorating technique. It’s an abdominal workout. And it’s amazingly simple.
- Lean your back against a flat wall and bend your knees –not too deep, just enough to feel it in your thighs.
- Lace your fingers behind your head and keep your elbows pointed outwards (do not bring those elbows in!)
- Now, contract your abdominal muscles, and allow the contraction to pull your shoulders forward and down (do not bring those elbows in!)
- Then flatten your shoulders back against the wall.
- Take a breath, and repeat (10 or 20 times)
See? Easy, right? You’re gonna feel it tomorrow, but for now just bask in the euphoric afterglow…